Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baking: Petits Pains au Chocolat

Ingredients 

1pkg frozen filo pastry (I've used 3 sheets for 1 roll)
Butter flavoured cooking spray
1/2 - 3/4 cup of chopped milk chocolate
1tbsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of sugar


Filo pastry, cooking spray, chocolate chips (substituted for solid chocolate), cinnamon and sugar



I couldn't find solid mik chocolate at the local grocery story, so I took chocolate chips and chopped them with a large knife.

You lay out 3 pieces of filo pastry, spraying the top of each sheet with cooking spray or an egg glaze before placing the next one on top of it. I then spread out the chopped chocolate on the bottom of the pastry along the width and rolled it up into a cylinder from bottom to top.

Put the sugar in with the cinnamon and whisk until incorporated.

Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mix along top of the roll before placing into the oven for 8-10 minutes at 400℃
Cut up the roll into sections and serve!
I learned this dessert last week at the cooking class I've enrolled in at the local grocery store. It's super easy and quick to make. Really glad I tried it out at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment