Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tourist for a day


I've been back from Nova Scotia for a day and I finally have a moment to sit down and share the pictures I took while visiting the areas of Mahone Bay and Lunenburg in Nova Scotia. 

I grew up in Nova Scotia for most of my childhood so these areas have been a place of fond memory for me. When relatives would visit my family as a kid, we'd always take them to Lunenburg to see the Bluenose and the Fisheries Museum. And almost always, we eat ice cream on the wharf and got it all over ourselves. Not much changed when I visited Lunenburg a few days ago (I even had an ice cream incident), except I was the tourist this time. 

My first request was to visit Mahone Bay, however. This town... well, there isn't enough words in the English language to describe how much I love it. It's the Stars Hollow I can realistically live in at some point. Some many beautiful little shops, breathtaking views and wonderfully nice people. If I could get a teaching job in that area, you would never find a happier person. Or knitter for that matter. 


                  

Mahone Bay is home to one of the nicest yarn shops I've ever visited, Have A Yarn. It's stocked with the best brands of yarn and the best notions and tools all in one place. The staff was also very kind and helpful with the questions I asked. I felt very comfortable there. Sometimes in yarn shops I'm stopped right away with questions by the staff and I'm the only one in the shop, so I feel watched the whole time I'm there. Sure, yarn shops are not the most populated of stores, but I like feeling a certain level of comfort while I take in all the colours and textures of the yarn. I have a process and Have A Yarn was a great in letting me get on with it. If only I could live in Mahone Bay. I'd never leave.


What I wouldn't give to knit in those chairs!




Lunenburg Wharf, over looking the Theresa E. Connor and the Fisheries Museum

Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

Lunenburg Academy


One of the cutest gift shops in Lunenburg. They sell handmade prints, jewelry, stationary and more. AND, the majority of their products are made locally!




No comments:

Post a Comment