Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cranberry Sauce & Acorn Lace Hat and Mug Cozy

Boy have I been busy lately! I don't think I've stopped knitting these past few weeks. And if I have, it's been to look for new patterns that I'd like to try and to drive back and forth to the city. Due to this busy spurt, I decided to wait until things relaxed a bit to make another blog post but now that it has, I don't even really know where to start. I'm going to stick to jot notes!
  • I wore my Shamrock Headband proudly this past weekend in St. John's and it was a hit! (So was Emily's -- I had made a lighter version for her). Women stopped both of us asking where we got them and we so full of praise when they heard they were hand knit. What a great feeling! A few even asked for my card. Another woman asked if I had a card when I was at East Side Mario's this weekend as well. I really need to get on that!

Even Johnny had to wear the headband for a bit!

  • Finally got to deliver all the headbands and other orders to my customers!
  • I've gotten very crafty with my packaging (gift tags, brown craft bag, tissue paper).

  • Finally got around to making the Cranberry Sauce hat I fell in love with on Ravelry. I used the Fairy Tale yarn from Knitpicks (Bravia Bulky line) and it's so comfy. I think if I make it again, however, I'll add a few extra repeats of the cable pattern to make it more slouchy.


  • My second hat this week was the Acorn Lace Hat that I've been asked to make for my sister's roommate. It turned out lovely seeing as it was the first time I'd babbled in lace work. But again, not as slouchy as I would have liked. The yarn is very stretchy however, so maybe with wear it'll get larger.
Acorn Lace Hat in Black.

  • And my final project this week is the Mug Cozy in Candy Apple Red. I started this last night while teaching a friend how to knit for the first time. I used two strands of the worsted weight yarn, but it got extremely knit after the first few rows. Next time I'll stick to a single strand. Really happy with the result though!

1 comment: